Welcome to the Injection Discussion Board.

VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]
Subject: Rabies shots

Author:
Richard
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2011, 07:36: pm

Though not administered as they were when I had the Pasteur Treatment as a 9 1/2 year old, has anybody else here had the series of rabies shots given in their stomach?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Rabies shots

Author:
RN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, February 21, 2011, 12:35: pm

Richard you get the pink vaccine 1cc usualy in the deltoid now over a set time schedule. The globulin is divided into does. half goes in the bite location unless it is the fingers, toes, penis or ears and the other halh in the butt.

I just gave this poor young girl her rabies shot this past Sunday. She picked up a stray cat and was feeding it and it bit her on her index finger and took off. We cleaned the area and told her to come back this morning if she was unable to locate the cat. She came back this morning for her shots. Itold her way herself nude because it is dose dependent. When she came in she told me she weighed 110 lbs or 50 Kg. She watched as I filled four syringes with 2cc each of the rabies globulin. I gave her the 1cc in her deltoid. I told her she needed to take down her jeans as the next four shots were going in her butt. She bared her butt and one by one I stuck the 18g needle deep in her butt muscle. I had to squeeze her cheek to make sure I did not hit bone. She was a champ. Afterwards I placed four bandaids on her white bottom and massaged it for a few minutes. I helped her get her jeas up. She was still rubbing her bottom. I told her I was sory but if I had given it in larger doses it would have really hurt more. She acutally asked me out for dinner tonight. I am looking forward to our dinner and maybe a little more massage.

Yes Richard I don't know which is worse shots in the stomach or shots in the butt.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Re: Rabies shots

Author:
Richard
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, February 23, 2011, 03:45: pm

Trust me, it's/was I should say, shots in the stomach!

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Rabies shots

Author:
RN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, February 23, 2011, 05:50: pm

I know they were given in the stomach as I have given them, but now they go in your butt.

Author:
To RN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, February 24, 2011, 04:32: am

What gauge needle did they use for the rabie shots in the abdomen? What was the dose in cc,s? Reason i ask is cuz i have seen some diabetics give themselfs the the diabetic shots in the abdomen and it did not seem to hurt them at all....

Author:
Richard
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, February 25, 2011, 10:55: am

I'm guessing that the syringes and needles today used by diabetics who need to abdominally inject themselves are far smaller than what type syringes and needles were used to administer the rabies shots, and as well there's a difference in what is being injected for diabetic treatments and what was given for the rabies injections.

Author:
Richard
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, April 25, 2011, 06:28: pm

To RN:
I know it's been a while since this thread has been re approached, but re-reading yours, in particular, you say you have given the rabies injections abdominally, and you've given them in the patients' buttocks as well. And you say, you don't know which is worse...in the stomach or in the buttocks? Were the abdominally administered injections received and handled better or worse than the buttocks injections given the number of patients you gave rabies shots to? After 21 of those injections in my abdomen, I find it hard to believe that a buttock(s) injection(s), despite the medication being administered, could compare in the scope of pain that the older abdominal rabies injections caused.
Thanks.

Author:
TWP553
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, May 05, 2011, 09:08: am

I have gone thru Rabies Shots. I wish I could have had them in the butt. The vaccine was different years ago than it is now. I had an old fashioned country doctor give me the shots. They were given thru the center of my navel. I can't remember of anything hurting so bad at the time

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Rabies shots

Author:
Richard
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, May 12, 2011, 08:19: pm

Agreed

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.