VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]56 ]
Subject: Are all states accepting TEENS AT LARGE again? this is making for some unhappy folks in my state

Author:
why have local pageants if they can just go at large?
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 17:53:45 03/28/18 Wed

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
They are getting girls in NC now for OT because they are giving the crown and sash. Not sure how many they have! (NT)No name19:06:00 03/28/18 Wed
My state gets about half its girls from at large titles. I think there are only 7 or 8 locals (NT)No name00:54:04 03/29/18 Thu
why are they unhappy (NT)No name01:28:22 03/29/18 Thu
you can accept at large contestants, they can no longer be appointed by a local organization. (NT)No name08:44:40 03/29/18 Thu
Louisiana advertised for up to 4 at-large contestants, but they had to compete in locals this season. I don't believe they filled those spots, though. (NT)No name13:43:24 03/29/18 Thu
Alabama took at large to get to 50 total Teen contestants and then cut it off. I think that it was 7 at large. (NT)No name18:16:46 03/29/18 Thu
Almost all of Ohio's teens are at-large. (NT)No name19:03:26 03/29/18 Thu
In our state, they are at large but no sash and no crown. Once that was announced the numbers went way down. Our teen program is a mess, we've had three different teen directors in the last four years. (NT)Kansas23:29:52 03/30/18 Fri
I personally don't see the problem with this. Teen pageants are hard to come by, and most girls who do teen have other titles. They wouldn't want to fork over another system's state crown for a MAO local. (Although I'd argue that latter is better ;) (NT)No name10:45:46 04/02/18 Mon
according to the rules, this is not allowed. We have some people in our state doing it illegally. Allowing some to be at-large and others not. Going to be a big problem. (NT)No name11:29:33 04/02/18 Mon
SC is no longer allowing teens to go at large. The teen must have won a festival or a school pageant or a prelim to go to the state competition. I really like the idea. (NT)No name16:26:59 04/02/18 Mon

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Message subject (required):

Name (optional):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.