VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789[10] ]
Subject: Forum Decorum (Please Read)

Author:
Moderator (Raise warning finger & eyebrow)
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 08:05:06 10/13/14 Mon

As this forum develops, I should make some things about the tone I want here.

Be respectful of others persons and opinions. Personal attacks won't be approved.

Cursing and crude words for body parts, bodily functions, and sexual acts always have more genteel alternatives. Use them.

I considered asking Andrew to modify his post and in future I shall in similar circumstances.

Here's a better way. Andrew doesn't like the rules he's under. He has that right and may express that on the forum.

However, he characterized the >rules< negatively. It's much better for him, let alone for the forum, to take ownership of his >feelings< and characterize them instead. For example, he could have said, "my behind can be spanked for their >hated< discipline. That way, he'd be expressing his true feelings, and taking ownership for his attitude. It's one essential, and early, step on the way to real change.

One of the ways women tend to be superior to men is in remaining in touch with their feelings and expressing them. Many men, however, avoid defining and owning their feelings but instead blame others. That is what Andrew did.

micheleFFS

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: Forum Decorum (Please Read)Andrew11:36:27 10/14/14 Tue

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.