VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Do personal religious values or beliefs affect how nudity is managed within the family ?

Author:
Daniel
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 12:38:18 11/04/15 Wed
In reply to: Mitch 's message, "Re: Do personal religious values or beliefs affect how nudity is managed within the family ?" on 10:54:05 11/02/15 Mon

" ..... a very liberal neighbor of ours that does not spank, is extremely casual about nudity, and her 10 year old son skinny dips in front of her in their own pool. I would also add that his boy has behavioral issues, ......

I have seen a mixture of both, enough to doubt any direct connection between letting kids run amuck and casual nudity.
In particular, my wife and I never used any further corporal discipline than the kind of swatting you described, the worst being a sharp swat on a bare forearm or exposed thigh while sitting.
On the other hand we not only skinny dipped in the family pool for years, but many visiting friends or relatives joined us. We raised eight children and they, boys and girls only began to wear swim suits frequently when they were around ten, and then when at home with inner family only still swam and sunbathed au natural into the teen years.
I found that the hand discipline worked well and once the children learned behavioral boundaries they were well behaved.
Not only that but after unhappy encounters with the medical establishment during the first two births, I delivered several of the later births at home and it was a family all-hands evolution. By the time they were 10-14 or so all the children except the very youngest had not only seen each other naked, but had been present as the newest baby popped its head out into the world, again bays and girls. No need to explain what the vagina was for.
My sister was about equally casual with her children about nudity at home and they often joined us skinny dipping, but she spanked her children as mom had done to us, and most of her children also turned out really great. There have been problems with one boy and one girl though.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.