VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Need some opinions.

Author:
ej to Rutten
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 04:46:07 05/17/16 Tue
In reply to: Rutten 's message, "Re: Need some opinions." on 17:33:22 05/16/16 Mon

Hi Rutten.

I think I'm involved in a situation similar to what you describe. The situation involves my long time neighbor, Kathy, and her good friend Shirley. Both women are 80; I'm mid 60's. Kathy and Shirley are not stupid or childish

Fact is, Kathy and I have never gotten along even though, for many years, I did her yard work and shoveled her snow. The words I'm about to use may seem offensive but they are the best way I can describe Kathy: arrogant; bossy; very opinionated; holier-than-thou. I must confess that Kathy and Shirley are both attractive.

Over a year ago there were 2 incidents involving Kathy and myself, which I won't go into because I've already described then at this site, that really changed things and set the table for her (and Shirley) to take on a more domineering role and me a more submissive role.

To get to your point: It can be very difficult and challenging to take orders from someone you really don't like. I did so in the beginning because I thought it was the right thing to do (one of the incidents really-was my fault). Over time it becomes a test of wills between them and me. There are areas I will not go and I think they know that. With no agreement being formalized its as if the 3 of us are on the same page, but they constantly try to expand their authority, and that's okay because it keeps me on my toes. The fact is: I have a greater appreciation for Kathy (but she can still be quite a snob. LOL).

Best of Luck, Rutten. Happy to answer questions if you have any.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.