VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Need some opinions.

Author:
Lonagin
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 14:16:02 05/21/16 Sat
In reply to: Rutten 's message, "Need some opinions." on 01:00:47 05/16/16 Mon

I think that all of us who have to survive in the regular work world, eg. large office situation, have come up against a woman who is strong minded, bossy, pushy, confident in her own opinions and dismissive of yours, and who we often disagree with in work matters. It's at those times that I always have the internal struggle as to which side of me should prevail. My work survival side says that if you don't stand up to her and try to prove your way is better than hers than your superiors will see you in a lessor light and look favorably on her at promotion time with the ensuing loss of prestige and financial standing for you. Your submissive (and true?) side says that you should of course listen to her views without interrupting or offering any counter arguments, leading her to think without any doubt that you consider her idea excellent over any of yours and is the only sound, feasible approach in this matter. You should tell her how much you admire her for having thought of such a brilliant concept ahead of anyone else, and that you will eagerly help her in any way to get her idea excepted by others. Inform her you will give her your wholehearted support when she presents her views to your superiors. And assure her that you think any reward or promotion coming to her is truly deserved and overdue, and that it is about time that her high quality contribution to the organization is recognized and celebrated.

My true inner voice says this is what a submissive man should do on behalf of a superior woman, but my competitive, survival instinct tells me not to lose face in the office by praising and deferring to this woman and letting her get the recognition and possible promotion. My submissive self is urging me to fall to my knees before this woman, beg for her guidance, and prepare to go pants down over her lap for correction.

But no...I always deny my true feelings and instead struggle to stand up and assert myself in challenge to this strong, commanding woman. And in the end, she wins the promotion deservedly over me anyway...no contest!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: Need some opinions.ej to Lonagin15:55:33 05/21/16 Sat

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.