VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: To new poster Parents

Author:
e.j. to Michele and Danny boy (disappointed)
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 05:13:38 07/15/17 Sat
In reply to: Daniel 's message, "Re: To new poster Parents" on 15:17:50 07/14/17 Fri

I used to post pretty regularly here. I still stop back from time to time to see how things are going. You can't imagine my disappointment in seeing an attack on religion at a Female Superiority site.

Now I guess its possible it wasn't really an attack; it may have been a joke. Either way, I think its a real backhand to Christians in general and Catholics in particular.

I'm a practicing Roman Catholic. I'm a sinner now; I've always been a sinner; I will always be a sinner until I take my last breath. I don't like the idea of being a sinner but its a fact. I try to be good to people and I try to take the next good step, and often times I fail.

As a Catholic I find Danny boy's reference of Blessed Sacrament as particularly insulting. The mention of Saturday meetings sounds an awful lot like our Sacrament of Confession (or Reconciliation). The idea of repression distresses Danny boy but it certainly looks to me like he's trying to repress Christianity. Maybe I'm wrong.

The whole idea of Christianity being repressive depends on how anyone defines freedom. To me, freedom does not mean being able to do whatever I want. Thats insane. That would mean that if I wanted to murder, rape, steal, abuse, etc., it would be okay because 'I'm free'. No, real freedom is the ability for people to do what they ought to do; thats hardly repressive.

Back around the time of the French Revolution there was an anti-Christian intellectual named Lepeau. Lepeau wanted to start a new religion and he was desperate for advice. Lepeau went to Tallyrand for advice. Tallyrand considered the question, and then he said to Lepeau (I'll paraphrase here) : if you want to start a new religion and have success, go and have yourself crucified and 3 days later rise from the dead; it works every time.

My belief in the Real Presence, the real Blessed Sacrament, is something I'm prepared to die for. I pray that if the time ever comes - if a gun is held to my head - that I will not deny Christ in the Blessed Sacrament. You may think me a fool, Danny boy. Thats okay. I'll be a fool for Christ any time. God Bless.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: To new poster ParentsFS Forum Moderator06:26:27 07/15/17 Sat

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.