VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: sexual harrassment: were do we draw the line?

Author:
Daniel
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 12:47:40 12/04/17 Mon
In reply to: JAN 's message, "Re: sexual harrassment: were do we draw the line?" on 20:11:39 11/30/17 Thu

" ... However, I feel - and always have - that mere accusations should not be reason(s) for an employer to take action against the accused. Imagine the chaos that could be created by lies or exaggerations. ..."

Multiple accusations from people, male or female who have little to gain from, for instance admitting that they sucked some guy's cock years ago, through coercion, of course, but nonetheless, performed the act, become more than just accusations. How many, I do not know.

Other situations are similar. Each one needs to be judged individually. Frankin's offence was obviously a joke that he thought was among friends . Someone held the camera so it was not an actual sexual assault. The woman was asleep and if he had actually grabbed or fondled her breasts I am sure she would not have been surprised months later when she saw the picture. I am thinking that he probably did not actually touch her jacket. The deed occurred before he was a senator, When he was just a clown. So in my thinking it is on a lower level, still distasteful and probably humiliating.

Now we come to the further accusations of groping and I suppose more intimate abuse , far more serious both before as well a after he was elected. Those crimes against weaker women by themselves rise to a higher level (or lower if you prefer.) and I think he should resign, period. Otherwise there is no sanction for his repeated behavior.

The same thing should be Rep. Conyers fate, regardless of his supposedly sterling record over many years. Multiple victims, ( and I suspect for every victim who comes forth, another one o two do not wish to endure the humiliation of public knowledge of the details), multiple victims stepping forward are enough to convict him in the court of public opinion. He should also leave the Congress,

Politically, I think quite a dew should depart of their wn accord, but that subject is for another forum.

Now we come to the potential problem of false accusations. I would not be astounded is one or a few such accusations are embellishments of what might have begun as consensual playing around. I studied the Lewinsky affair and it is obvious that she flirted with Clinton just as it is obvious that he should have kept his peepee zipped up as most men do. But he was weak and she appeared to be willing, for the fame, notoriety, or possibly the excitement of doing something naughty in the Oval Office. Bill Clinton had a reputation of womanizing and we all knew it from his days in Arkansas. Personally his choice in covert partners seemed a bit low class, but I guess that turned him on, or he felt that it shielded him when they spoke up.
Well he made his choices and paid a price.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.