VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]910 ]
Subject: Re: Suggestion to Posters regarding long threads

Author:
Forum Moderator
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 13:20:28 01/06/15 Tue
In reply to: e.j. 's message, "Re: Suggestion to Posters regarding long threads" on 11:24:25 01/06/15 Tue

>I'm not computer savvy, okay. Not to fret, as stated
>that was it for me.

ej and anyone else,

First of all, it's a suggestion, so do with it as you wish.

Next, I wasn't addressing you alone, though it was your recent posts that prompted the suggestion. You aren't the only one by any means.

Last, if I ask you do do something, I should be certain you know how to do it. (unless I'm setting you up for a consensual spanking! ;-} )

Here's how:

Voy provides the entire previous thread in the Type Your Message Here field.

So, two methods:

To delete all the previous thread:
1. Click anywhere in the Type Your Message Here field.
2. Press Control A or Command A (Mac). All the copied text from Voy is selected.
3. Start typing your response. Your first keystroke deletes all the selected material from Voy. If you like, you can also press delete and then begin typing.

To delete older threads and keep the most recent:
1. Click at the beginning of the text in the Type Your Message Here field.
2. Hold down the left mouse button and scroll down until you find the series of lines that has only one > preceding it. (You can also find those same lines, then click and drag to the top of the text.)
3. Press Delete. The last post in the thread remains, each line preceded by a >.
4. Place the cursor below the quoted lines and begin typing your response...
or...
Place the cursor before the first >, press Enter, then move up one line and begin typing your response on the first line.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.