VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678[9]10 ]
Subject: To Madeline (?), Kat, and all readers

Author:
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 21:03:05 12/25/14 Thu
In reply to: Ellen 's message, "Door in son's room" on 00:22:22 12/08/14 Mon

Madeline (?), Kat, and all readers,

A few days ago, I received and approved a disturbing post. The poster described abusive and illegal behavior from herself, a person in charge of a young boy, and from others with her approval. I have no way of knowing whether the behavior described was fact of fiction.

I approved it and posted beneath it asking for comments from our community. I basically want to facilitate a wide-ranging, free debate and discussion, and my hope was that the community would condemn the behavior described, regardless of factuality.

A woman, I recall her name as Madeline, but it might be something similar, sent me the following post in response:

"This is the sort of post that will get your forum closed. I am surprised that you even considered such rubbish was acceptable. If I knew this person, the 1st step would be calling the police. Then the child authorities, to have her children taken off her, including the females."

She is correct. I shouldn't have approved it and so removed it (which necessarily removed all subsequent posts, including mine. So thank you, Madeline, for your criticism. I had the alternative of disapproving the post and writing to the poster on the forum giving my reasons.

Kat, I hope your post was fiction. I'd welcome a post admitting this. If it is not fiction, you must stop and get professional help for all involved including yourself. Jail and being denied custody lie in your future otherwise.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.