VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789 ]
Subject: Winners competing for other systems

Author:
No name
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 03:22:13 08/30/21 Mon

My morning Facebook scroll showed me a picture of a newly crowned Outstanding Teen with a crown and sash on yesterday for another system. Do people not read the contracts?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Winners competing for other systems

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:00:08 08/30/21 Mon

What are you talking about?

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:45:26 08/30/21 Mon

A teen crowned Saturday night was in a pageant Sunday and won. I saw it too.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:03:04 08/30/21 Mon

Well it’s all just a mess at MAOT. Poor Marcelle doesn’t even get the Teen Instagram page that she deserves thanks to the Miss america board mishandling

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:37:46 08/30/21 Mon

I know what and who you are referring to, I saw it too. That system is a local system. The title is not an official title that goes beyond the point of she won it. It will not hinder her duties as OT at all. Yes I would understand if you were upset if she competed for a state title the next day but it is a local pageant. Furthermore, all I see on here is everyone concerned in the lack of numbers, but who would want to compete in a system where there is a message board that 90% of the time is negative toward the competitors and winners? This system is about empowering women to be their best self and to help them pay for college. What is wrong with them competing in local pageants to get more practice? A lot of these will have talent and interview as well. Just food for thought. And no, I am not related to this girl or know her at all.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:11:56 08/30/21 Mon

People love to complain. Contact the people in charge if you have a complaint. Marcelle has an Instagram with more than 34,000 followers. I think she is fine.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:57:52 08/30/21 Mon

It's in the contract they sign when they win that they will not compete in any contests similar to MALOT. I'd say that any pageant is considered similar, but if MALOT doesn't care, then why should we?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:32:46 08/30/21 Mon

Any pageant is not similar. There are school pageants and fundraising pageants all over the state that are not similar at all to Miss Alabama and Miss America's Outstanding Teen. There are some similar ones though but every pageant is not similar.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:24:59 08/30/21 Mon

Crown chasing

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:14:13 09/01/21 Wed

She is the reigning Miss Jr. Teen Alabama also ...it’s hard to server multiple crowns ...

[> [> Subject: Re: Winners competing for other systems

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:04:14 09/03/21 Fri

The Miss Jr Teen AL does advance to a national title doesn’t it?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:27:01 09/01/21 Wed

Not knowing enough about this situation but it all depends on what the title requires. Some require little to nothing. They don't help you get appearances or prepare for state. Others do a ton. So it varies from one to the next. If there is a problem the director needs to handle it no matter what pageant it is.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:32:55 09/05/21 Sun

Just saw that the Blount Co winner did another pageant also after winning her teen title. Someone needs to do something about these girls. It is unfair for these other teens competing.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:31:31 09/05/21 Sun

It was just a local little pageant. Yall are taking this way too far. She literally walked out and smiled and modeled. Nothing like the OT system.

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Winners competing for other systems

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:22:13 09/06/21 Mon

This has been going on forever, and as long as the other pageant does not have “duties/responsibilities “ that conflict with being an OT title holder, there is no reason they can’t. 4 months prior to MAOT state pageant a couple of years ago, an OT won the MBHS pageant which is interview, talent and evening gown. But after the crowning that night, there were no other responsibilities, so why would it matter?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:09:12 09/06/21 Mon

So, the girl is a teen, right? Did she go sign up by herself? I say this because, if you think ‘someone should do something about these girls’ maybe you should talk with her mother and father - vice a message board.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:18:06 09/06/21 Mon

The “Blount County Girl” did a fundraiser pageant that was FUN... and these things are discussed when signing the contract ... choose kind ladies

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:45:27 09/07/21 Tue

People LOVE to be negative on here. Do you know all the facts? Have you talked to her local director? Have you talked to the state director of MALOT? I know nothing about this situation but I know for sure that the state director of MALOT has approved girls being in pageants before. High school pageants, fund raising pageants, etc. NOT every pageant is off limits to girls who win a MALOT prelim.

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (optional):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.