VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: How would you Handle?

Author:
Sarah
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 18:59:04 04/19/21 Mon
In reply to: SJ Mom 's message, "How would you Handle?" on 14:25:46 04/19/21 Mon

SJ Mom,

Friends of my children have gone on vacation with us many times over the years. At least our children's closest friends, whom are more like family.

I have always been a mom where if a friend starts coming over often, and especially stays overnight, the talk of spanking permission is eventually broached. I would not allow friends of my children to sleep over without authority to spank. Much the same way if they went with us on vacation. I would not allow one of my children's friends to come with us for a number of days without permission to spank them if it became necessary. And I have administered quite a few spankings to not only my own children, but to their friends, during the many vacations we've taken over the years.

But as I said, they were looked at, and cared for, much like another member of the family. I loved many of their closest friends like another son or daughter, and they were treated as such, including discipline. That said, the latest age I spanked any of my children's friends during a vacation was at 17 yrs old, and that happened more than once. The option remained there for later ages, but it just was not needed.

However, your situation is different. The question isn't so much whether you should ask the parents of your daughter's friend for permission to spank, it is would you be open to spanking? Or comfortable in doing so?

Where I would normally agree with the others in talking with your daughter's parents on permission to spank, you have already said you feel uneasy in spanking another child besides your girls. If you don't feel comfortable spanking your daughter's friend, then I wouldn't do so now, however much I know you are pro-spanking.

It sounds like she is a mature young lady, so I don't think it will be a problem. But I do think you should still lay down the ground rules and expectations, as you had already planned on doing so. But if you do so, you do need to back it up with some sort of punishment or consequence if your hand is forced. If not spanking, then maybe take her phone for a period of time. As we know how devastating it can be to young ladies if they don't have access to their phone for even a short period of time.

But I would not take her on the trip if you don't have intention to give consequences if she decides not to listen to the rules that were explained to her or just misbehaves in general.

That said, as I mentioned, it sounds like she is a mature and lovely young woman from what you had indicated. I agree with others it likely will not come up where she will want to misbehave or make things difficult on you. SJ Mom, my question to you is, what have you done in prior situations when taking friends of your girls on vacation with you? Is this the first time?

Please let us know what you decide.

Sarah

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: How would you Handle?SJ Mom to Sarah20:26:07 04/20/21 Tue

Login ] Create Account May soon be required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.