VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: I Forgot

Author:
Kathryn
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 12:23:26 05/21/21 Fri
In reply to: SJ Mom 's message, "I Forgot" on 17:25:51 05/20/21 Thu

>My 20yo daughter said one of my least favorites
>phrases today, "Sorry mom, I forgot."
>
>My 2 daughters and their friend who is staying with us
>decided that they needed to go clothes shopping to see
>if there was anything they needed for our trip
>starting this weekend :).
>
>I told my 20yo that if they were going to be out to
>please stop at the grocery and pick up a few things
>plus fill up the car with gas. She said they would do
>both. A few hours later when they arrived back for
>their shopping excursion, the groceries were no where
>to been so I asked her about it and she gave the
>response that I somewhat despise, "Sorry mom, I
>forgot."
>
>After a short lecture about her lack of
>responsibility, she said she would go back out to do
>the couple tasks. I said that I appreciated her offer,
>but first she was going to stand in the corner for 15
>minutes to think about being more responsible in the
>future. She started to argue a bit until I raised my
>voice a bit and told her to get in the corner with no
>more arguing. My 22yo and their friend were watching
>and I could see their eyes getting bigger with the
>raised voice.
>
>After she finished her 15 minutes in the corner, she
>and her friend ran the couple errands with no issue.
>I'm sure the car ride was spent complaining about mean
>old mom :).
>
>Hopefully that's the only excitement here for the rest
>of the day!

Oh goodness while perhaps not at the level of "whatever" those two words are also up on the list of words I never want to hear from my girls especially with that typical teenage attitude tone of voice that is added!

I recently had an episode here that was similar. I was working on a craft project to help out with a church event and my oldest who's been driving for about a year now (thank goodness my husband taught her to drive before I came into their lives lol!) was going out to meet a friend at the park. I needed a few things so I asked her to pick them up. Then when she got back from her little hangout she had nothing for me! What's worse is she was in the very shopping center I asked her to go to because she had a bag from one of the other stores right next to the craft place! Needless to say I confronted her about it and all I got was "Sorry mom I forgot" and it was so off hand and not caring that it set my blood boiling!

I just launched into full on "mean mom" (love it!) mode and laid into her with a lecture about responsibility and how driving is a privilege and such. Not that it was doing any good because I could see it just bouncing right off her. Sometimes I swear the only thing a teenager listens to is a sore bottom! When I announced she was getting a spanking that got through lol and she became much more contrite and apologetic but of course it was far too late.

I did things the usual way by undressing her to her undies and putting her in the corner to think and truthfully for me to calm down and focus as well. Then when it was time she was called out to see me holding the hairbrush, the lovely hairbrush my mother in law gave me as a wedding gift in fact. (More of a story to tell but the short version is most of the wedding guests just admired the craftmanship and beauty of it but my MIL took me aside and explained what the other uses of it were.) When she saw what I had that made her eyes go big as saucers and the pleading really intensified.

Suffice to say when she got off my lap after I was done with her spanking she was a very sorry and a very motivated girl to do as I ask going forward. I'm sure she was desperately eager to rub while in the corner but she's learned the hard way not to do she managed to keep her hands behind her back where they belong. And after she was released and calmed down a bit in her room she and I did chat and she did admit she just wasn't putting my request as a priority and that she was sorry. Now of course to see if that's the truth or just her bottom talking!

Anyway sorry if that's a bit long but your little story reminded me of something that happened here recently SJ and it was so similar I had to share!

Kathryn

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: I ForgotSJ Mom10:44:24 05/22/21 Sat

Login ] Create Account May soon be required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.