VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: I Forgot (Mom Mistake)

Author:
Sarah to SJ Mom
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 06:56:20 05/23/21 Sun
In reply to: SJ Mom 's message, "Re: I Forgot (Mom Mistake)" on 10:35:04 05/22/21 Sat

SJ Mom,

I first want to say, my post was not meant to be a criticism in any shape or form. I am sorry if it came across that way, I was just sharing on how I handled spanking warnings (and swats) in front of others with my children when they got to be older.

If you want to call your decision a 'mistake', it is a minor one in the scheme of things. As I said, it certainly seems she got the message, that Mom meant business, with your daughter having to stand 15 minutes in the corner before going out with her friend.

And absolutely Moms make mistakes! I know this Mom certainly has more than once. And if any mother has told you she has been the perfect mom, making no mistakes, then she's lying and probably has made more than most.

But you do just like any other mistake and learn from it. I know some of those mistakes I've made, my children preferred I kept making them and didn't like the changes. :) Even though it was certainly best for them in the long run.

I think we can all agree that parenting is the most difficult (yet most rewarding) job there is. But SJ Mom, it sounds like you've done a wonderful job with all three of your girls, growing into mature and responsible adults that seem like they are happy. That's all we can ask for, and want, as parents.

Sarah

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
No Apology NeededSJ Mom to Sarah12:14:02 05/24/21 Mon

Login ] Create Account May soon be required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.