VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Bike helmets

Author:
Kim
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 12:03:29 05/23/21 Sun
In reply to: Rachel (Ted's mom) 's message, "Re: Bike helmets" on 11:28:25 05/23/21 Sun

Rachel

I understand exactly what you're saying I just really have no tolerance for disobedience. Absolutely none especially when it comes to a safety issue that makes it worse. When we took the bicycles out of the storeroom I made sure she tried her helmet on and it fit an I reminded her that she is never to even sit on her bike without a helmet on. Very simple if you keep it on you won't have to worry about it. I also get very upset when I see kids riding bicycles without helmets on. They give them away at times for kids here if you can't afford them.
I'm very passionate about kids and safety because they work in a hospital and I see a lot of injuries that could have been prevented. I know you can't keep them safe all the time and I know that things happen but. If she were to have something happen on her bike if she had a helmet on it would be that much better. What really started this with me in the 1st place is when my daughter was eight a friend of hers was riding her bicycle anran it to someone else riding their bicycle she hit the ground and the only injury was a cut to her hand. After seeing that I realized how important it is even if you're right outside the front door.
I'm sorry if I realized a little bit about this it's just something I'm very passionate about.
Kim

>Hi Kim,
>
>Good for you, that spanking was a sneaky one her
>spanking was just what she had coming, I have also
>used that saying on Ted that my mother used with me
>"if they all jumped off a bridge would you jump off
>the same bridge?"
>
>Ted has only done this once (that I now of) Ted was 12
>it was the summer after 7th grade which was his worst
>year in school and he was in a very lazy not wanting
>to listen to me mood, he hadn't chosen a book for his
>summer either.
>
>I had to run to the store for something and told Ted I
>would be right back, he was to pick his room up and he
>had to have decided an a book by the time he finished.
>
>When I returned I saw Ted riding his bike with no
>helmet, to make things worse he had not touched his
>room.
>
>He after our talk and spanking took care of his room
>with a red bottom and chose a book.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Login ] Create Account May soon be required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.