VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Not only a safety problem

Author:
Kim to Ivana I agree 100%
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 12:42:22 05/24/21 Mon
In reply to: Ivana 's message, "Not only a safety problem" on 15:22:18 05/23/21 Sun

Ivana
I agree with you 100%. It is more about making good decisions. It is more about my daughter learning to make good decisions as well. I do not know if it is the law to wear a bicycle helmet here below a certain age, to be honest, I'm a little embarrassed about that. But like you said mom's law is very clear. I made it very clear that if she has her bicycle she has her helmet on. My mother used to say something like Kim use your head for something other than a place to put your hat. I want her to be safe and I want her to understand why she has to do this. But I also want her to understand that she needs to think about the things that she does and the consequences that they have. It's very easy to say if you do not wear your bicycle helmet I will spank your bare bottom and you won't sit for a week. But I want her to understand it's about her safety. It's about her being protected and her protecting herself. She also needs to learn it doesn't matter what other people think, and I know peer pressure is a thing as well. I get very upset when I see parents with their kids and the kids don't have bike helmets on. Every time I get on my bike I put a helmet on and I follow the same rules as I expected my daughter I have to be an example. I cannot tell her to wear a bike helmet and me not where one. 'cause my safety is just as important.
I was more disappointed than angry. Yes, I was angry when I first saw it but I was more disappointed that she would do something like this. It's hard to explain what I'm thinking but hopefully, you understand what I mean.
We have to teach our kids to protect themselves and we have to teach them to make good choices. I tried to explain to her that trust is doing the right thing even when no one is looking.
Hopefully, the rest of the summer will go by and we will not have a repeat of this for some time. But I have spanked her before for not wearing her bike helmet.
I hope you and your family are doing well and everyone is staying safe.
Kim

>Kim,
>In my country, it is not only a safety problem, but
>also a legal one. It is mandatory for all children to
>wear a helmet until they are 18 years old. That is the
>law.
>After my children are no better than most, they have
>also been caught many times to be on the road without
>bike helmets. That they always get a lecture for it
>and automatically leads to a serious spanking, I do
>not need to explain further. Two offenses at once.
>Against the law and completely disobeying mom's law.
>Even though each of my kids has gotten a spanking for
>it a few times, it still happens. Needless to say,
>they get a thorough spanking every time.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Login ] Create Account May soon be required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.