VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: The blame game

Author:
Sarah
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 19:01:36 07/26/21 Mon
In reply to: MarkW 's message, "The blame game" on 14:05:16 07/25/21 Sun

Mark,

Oh yes, absolutely. I have heard all of the above (and more). I will admit, I haven't heard the "I hate you!" as often, but I have heard "It's not fair!!" plenty of times. As in one of many situations, "But you let Kahlan go and see her friends until 'x' time, why can't I??" Which then I had to explain to my youngest that she was 18 yrs old at the time (not 14) and it was a completely different situation.

But I have found it's always someone else's fault, especially when they know a spanking is about to happen. They'll say just about anything to try and get out of it. That was definitely my son, blaming it on one of his sisters.(boys...seems like a pattern??).

Your "School sucks, anyway." is something that could have been lifted right from my son's mouth. :)

Also, similar to Mary's son Bobby with his invisible friend, my son Jason would blame naughty behavior on his favorite teddybear (Buster) when he was a little boy. "But Mommy, Buster told me to do it!"

I did much the same as Mary and told him that it sounds like both of you need spankings, then. He was so cute, was just about to blame his teddybear, but when he found out I was going to spank his favorite bear, he got all brave and admitted he did it. I told Jason I was proud of him for telling the truth, but that Mommy still needed to give him a spanking for his naughty behavior.

Of course he then still tried other desperate please and promises to get out of the spanking, including the often used "But I didn't mean to!! I'm sorry!" However, none of them ever saved him from going over my lap.

Sarah

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Over my knee, BusterMarkW11:49:08 07/28/21 Wed

Login ] Create Account May soon be required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.