VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Getting ready for School/college

Author:
SJ Mom
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 13:41:00 08/08/21 Sun
In reply to: Anna 's message, "Getting ready for School/college" on 11:11:23 08/08/21 Sun

Hi Anna,

I definitely did not buy my daughters a new backpack every year. In fact, I bought each one a quality one when they were starting middle school and they used the same one through high school and college. I did have to buy a "sleeve" for each at the start of college that they could put their laptop in, but that's been about it in terms of backpacks. The important consideration, in my opinion, was to buy a quality one early on. My oldest still uses hers when traveling.

As for other school supplies, we had some arguing, but not much. I appreciate that my girls' schools didn't go too overboard with the supply lists and only asked the parents to buy things that would truly be needed and used. Sometimes during the school years, teachers would ask for specific supplies for the classroom and I was always happy to contribute since I knew it would be used (given they were asking for it specifically).

It sounds like the spanking was certainly deserved. My girls go back to college towards the end of August so still have a few more weeks.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: Getting ready for School/collegeOFG13:45:47 08/08/21 Sun

Login ] Create Account May soon be required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.