VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Implement questions

Author:
Trish
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 11:58:15 08/21/21 Sat
In reply to: Nicole 's message, "Implement questions" on 20:30:45 08/16/21 Mon

When my husband and I were growing up in the 80s we were both paddled starting at around age six or seven (we know because when we became parents our mothers both gave us plenty of unsolicited advice on child rearing, discipline and spanking).

Though we didn't appreciate the advice our moms gave, we both discussed discipline and agreed that there was nothing wrong with spanking. So we started out giving good, stinging hand spankings when our girls were about four or five years old. Over the knee for five to ten good slaps on a bare bottom worked well for a while. However, when our oldest daughter was about eight our moms were butting in gain and we began to discuss adding a paddle. By nine our oldest daughter's behavior was deteriorating (sass and testing clear and longtime rules we established). Grounding was not having much effect and it seemed even a couple good bare bottom hand spankings didn't impress her. With my full agreement my husband made a small paddle like the one he remembered from his childhood.

Even though our girls are both past what we consider spanking age, we still have the paddle. It is about ten inches long (about half being the handle) and two and a half inches wide. The wood is only 1/4 inch thick but my husband added several coats of stain and sealant (which he says made it smooth and added some weight and makes the wood more solid).

Even back then the paddle didn't look very big or intimidating, but we both learned, our small paddle quite simply stings like crazy. Once we started using it for spanking her, we never went back (and introduced it to our younger daughter a couple of years later just before she turned nine). On a bare bottom it didn't require a lot of force. When I was the one giving a paddling, just good firm snaps of the wrist so it landed squarely on her bottom was all that were needed. My husband and I discussed how spankings should be given and the one giving the punishment tried to be consistent with what we agreed. We usually started the paddling with a few good firm swats, allowing time for them to catch their breath and build up a good cry (one that said the sting was building enough to cause them great concern). Then, we took hold and with the same firm snaps of the wrist we very quickly finished with a good PADDLING (I never counted but it was probably ten to fifteen more after the slow beginning) to really drive the message home. Unlike the many stories here of long spankings, the ones we gave were over very quickly, but judging from our girls' reactions a small paddle applied like that provides a good memorable sting. The bottom also gets red, but the paddle was light enough that redness on the bottom goes away quickly.

They both only needed a few (probably between two and four) paddlings per year from about age nine through age twelve, at which times the paddle was retired in favor of other disciplinary measures.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Login ] Create Account May soon be required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.