VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Genuinely stumped

Author:
Nicole
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 13:56:08 08/31/21 Tue
In reply to: Michelle 's message, "Genuinely stumped" on 12:25:50 08/31/21 Tue

Hi my son is 8 now but last school year we had the very same issue with him when he got into a fight with another boy at school. The principal called us to come pick him up after school and told us that one of the teachers witnessed it and that he wasn't the one who started the fight verbally or physically, but that once he got hit he hit the other boy back. My husband and I sat down with him and told him he would never get in trouble with us at all as long as he wasn't the one instigating the fight, but I told him in no uncertain terms that if I were to find out that he started a fight or ever escalated a verbal argument into a physical fight then I would spank his little bare butt until he couldn't sit down. So I guess the question is have you ever laid out for her expressly what is acceptable when it comes to conflict resolution? It sounds like although the other girl might have been incredibly rude that it was your daughter who escalated it. If it's never been an issue before and you haven't talked about it maybe just a warning that her behavior was not ok, however if she knows she was not supposed to have done that then I think a spanking would be in order. Either way i'm curious how you handle it.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: Genuinely stumpedKate15:31:47 08/31/21 Tue

Login ] Create Account May soon be required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.