VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Bonding or Alienating

Author:
Laurel
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 06:58:57 09/17/21 Fri

Hi all,

I've been reading posts on here for a while and am so grateful to those who have shared their thinking and experiences. It's wonderful that we have this space to discuss the important topic of how best to discipline our children.

I was talking to a non-spanking mom friend the other day and the conversation moved to the subject of discipline. I don't try and persuade other moms to spank and am generally quiet and discrete about my views. Unprompted this mom said that she thought spanked children must hate their parents for disciplining them in that manner and that made me think.

In my experience, both as a woman who as a child was soundly and frequently spanked and as a mom I think loving discipline builds the bond between parent and child rather than alienate them from us. Despite my own mother using her hand, spoon and hair brush very thoroughly I never hated her after I'd been spanked. There was a point early on in most of my spankings when I could be defiant and even angry but that was soon spanked out of me and my attitude was changed for the better by mom's spankings.

I sense the same in my own children, there are definite stages to the spanking and at a point they do become more accepting although no less noisey or animated. I'm not cruel but I do make sure that my spankings hurt and that they are thorough and teach a lesson.

I find my children are actually closer to me after a spanking and clearly don't harbour any resentment. They know that if they misbehave they will be soundly spanked and if they don't they will avoid spankings.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: Bonding or AlienatingMary10:41:29 09/17/21 Fri
Bonding if lovingMarkW13:08:06 09/17/21 Fri
Re: Bonding or AlienatingMaria B.14:29:52 09/17/21 Fri
Re: Bonding or AlienatingShannon04:12:03 09/18/21 Sat
Bonding - Love at first spank.Bridget15:27:43 09/18/21 Sat
Re: Bonding or AlienatingStevenT15:27:06 09/20/21 Mon
Bonding ExperienceVanessa (Abel’s Mom)22:08:48 09/20/21 Mon

Login ] Create Account May soon be required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.