VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]910 ]
Subject: Re: 40 and counting...........

Author:
Sarah to Mark
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 17:56:12 04/30/21 Fri
In reply to: MarkW to Sarah 's message, "40 and counting..........." on 12:44:10 04/30/21 Fri

Mark,

I am proud and very blessed to be a Granny. :) With your oldest at 19, it may come faster than you think where you are being called Grandpa Mark.

Corporal punishment was banned in my state for public schools in 1993, which was a few years after I began teaching. However, the school I have always taught at has never allowed it, even when it was still legal.

Believe me, there have been times I've wanted the option to put one of my students over my knee and give them a good spanking, because I knew that's exactly what they needed and deserved. But in a sense I am fine with not being able to spank for what would only be allowed (3-4 swats with a paddle on a clothed bottom). A spanking I know that would not send my desired message or really benefit them, so I would rather not do it at all. As the old saying goes, if you're going to do it, you may as well do it right.

I have seen a number of changes in the school system over the years, all of them with good intentions, but some not working out as intended. But you have to roll with it, like with any job. What gets me through it is my love of teaching and my students.

Sarah

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Login ] Create Account May soon be required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.