VoyForums

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]910 ]
Subject: Re: Table manners

Author:
Mary
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 07:27:28 05/02/21 Sun
In reply to: Ivana 's message, "Table manners" on 06:04:00 05/02/21 Sun

Ivana,

I do believe this is a boy thing and having more than one boy at the table makes it even more so of a problem. I have in the past spanked for this as well. I do have strict table manner rules and rules for being at the table.

We always eat breakfast, lunch and dinner together at the table, the only exceptions are of course during school and they eat lunch there. I have strict phone and electronics rules, with 3 boys and their friends being here often I have too. There are no phones or electronic devises allowed at the table, phones can be in their pocket but turned off, mine as well.

We do have a relaxed enjoyable time when we eat and have over the years had many a good talk, discussion. Although there is the exception as with you when I have had to spank during and or just before or after a meal. I have taught them from an early age as well the “usual rules of courtesy and hygiene.” I do have some of the same ones as your mom did. Wash your hands before sitting. No elbows on the table. No talking with mouthful, and they

Having 3 boys I had to make this a rule, no fake burping or other disgusting noises at the table if by chance one does actually do one of these they better say excuse me right away. That goes for their friends being here as well.

As far as eating what I serve, I know what vegetables my boys like and don’t like so I buy the ones they do like, same with liver they hate liver so why buy it, they are on the same page with likes and dislikes so it is easy. Here I have a bigger problem keeping them full, lol.

Other rules, things I have them do is setting the dinner table and clearing, filling the dishwasher, we have teams of two, Bobby has been my partner since I started this 6 years ago, because he was the youngest and smallest, Donny and Scott are a team, I will also have Tommy, Mason and Zach do the same when they are here for dinner. I have had to spank concerning this in the past as well.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: Table mannersSarah07:36:07 05/02/21 Sun

Login ] Create Account May soon be required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.