VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 21:37:28 08/18/18 Sat
Author: ...
Subject: The rule does not prevent a dancer from competing
In reply to: hoiu 's message, "U10 No makeup rule" on 21:14:23 08/18/18 Sat

When there is a costume infraction, which the makeup rule falls under, the AD is responsible to check a box on the score sheet. This gets sent to the regional costume committee who will then notify the TC. I am not sure if there is any punishment after that. The bottom line is the box could have been checked and you have no way of knowing. The rules do not say kids breaking costume rules can’t dance or are forced to wash their face first.
Don’t get me wrong, this post is not intended to support this behavior. I find it very frustrating when people break the rules. There is a chance they don’t know the rule. I feel with the electronic entry system many people stopped reading the syllabus and the rules. I think it is wrong to blatantly break the rules but I wanted to explain the actual process. Hopefully the ADs check the box. The reality is they probably didn’t. I doubt many ADs pay attention, they are focusing on the dancing and may not even notice that a dancer has make up on.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.