VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 00:01:21 10/02/18 Tue
Author: lm
Subject: I think it’s a valid idea to consider. It’s hard for “younger” feises but for the ones that don’t change much year to year, why not?
In reply to: If feis organizers were to post a proposed schedule for their feis when syllabus is released... 's message, "Feis schedules" on 14:12:12 10/01/18 Mon

I realize “back in the day” feiseanna were all day festivals. Times have changed even if some of you don’t believe so. Most are competitions and just that except for ones like Celtic Fling. Would soccer teams be happy showing up at 8am to not play until 3pm? Why should ID be any different? I have seen many feiseanna that do put out at least a general outline for timing and it helps a lot in the planning. If it’s a longer trip or a busy weekend, we have been skipping ones with an unknown schedule. Sometimes it’s been the right choice. Other times we could have gone.

I don’t hear anyone demanding anything. It’s an idea. Some feiseanna could easily accommodate. Others cannot. OP simply asked the question of us whether it would make a difference in our feising. It may not to you, and then that should be your answer.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

• And then you'd just complain more when things had to change! -- more inside, 11:58:23 10/02/18 Tue
  • Look I’m not looking for a lecture, we’ve been feising for years -- A simple we are running in age order would suffice for me. I don’t need a schedule set in stone, 13:17:04 10/02/18 Tue

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
    Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
    * HTML allowed in marked fields.
    Message subject (required):

Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.