VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 11:16:23 01/23/19 Wed
Author: DM
Subject: Second Chance Prelim at O’Rourke and other feisanna

Very upset to see on their feis FB page that the O’Rourke feis is only offering candy as prizes for the second chance preliminary championship. Obviously I don’t expect a perpetual cup, but there should be trophies or sashes or something! The parents pay a fee and it is advertised as a real competition with a whole new panel of judges. If it counts as a real competition and we pay for a real competition, they should receive rewards just like the rest of the dancers at the feis. A candy bar is gone in a second; there’s no memento in that. Even at Fairfield feis last weekend they only gave a small candy bar (not even a king-size bar lol). I understand for Fairfield that they only added the second chance competition to the syllabus that week so they probably didn’t have enough trophies ordered but they could’ve made an effort to have something for those kids besides an edible treat. Honestly you could jump on the computer the night before and in 15 minutes make up certificates and print them out to pass them out. I’m sure some of you out there will jump on this saying that I’m complaining about a stupid award but some kids do not place at every feis so when they do have that amazing moment where they place in preliminary competition they should receive that special memento to have forever.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.