VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234[5] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 09:34:25 07/09/17 Sun
Author: CC
Subject: My 2 cents... hoping it helps! (a little long)
In reply to: HairHelp 's message, "Bun wig help" on 22:01:56 07/08/17 Sat

So we have the double bun wig, and have had varying success achieving "the look." There have been times she looks like Marge Simpson, other times it actually looks pretty. I think we have it down now. We haven't done the curling of the natural hair b/c I can't figure that out as I pull it up into a bun - I need help with that.

BUT for the smoother look, we make a large pouf in the front, put to the side. Then we take a LARGER section of hair for the top, and place it in front of the crown of her head. TWO medium to large donuts to give it height. We tried 3 - and just laughed. Even if it looked decent, it bobbled no matter how we secured it. Then we took TWO SMALL donuts and placed them on each side (like pigtails) of the base of the larger section - NOT at the base of the neck. Secure those with bobby pins till they don't move. Secure the large double-donut section with LARGE bobby pins from top to bottom, connecting the 2 donuts, then use around 1,056 regular and large bobby pins all over the base and in between, to make sure it all stays still. Even if you don't drink, have a glass of wine at this point. I drink wine at Thanksgiving and bun wig time.

Put bun wig on, pull string a bit, and then use the attached combs and pull FORWARD to the ears. Dancer can lightly hold the section in place until you secure it. Attach, and then cross bobby pins behind the ears so the pulled-forward portions of the wig stay put. Then you fiddle with it. Pull forward sections of the wig, and even individual curls on each side so the curls cover a good portion of her head, all the way to her ears. Secure with bobby pins. Step back, make sure everything is balanced and in place. THEN do the pouf. This should give her the height and look you want.

Sorry this was so long. Wish I could help with the curly pouf look; I can't get that down, and wish someone would do a youtube for it! I'm fascinated with how they achieve that and have wanted to go up to random dancers I don't know just to ask. I might step that low one day soon. Not with dancer - she'd be horrified.

HTH!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.