VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]45678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 18:23:50 01/31/03 Fri
Author: KnickSaint
Subject: How did JJ get the shaft?
In reply to: Jack 's message, "soup...good post below re: Prosper at the point." on 17:08:32 01/31/03 Fri

Jack, I just don't understand this point you keep trying to make. As I understand you, JJ got the shaft because he was yanked from the starting lineup when the team was 5-1 and the team then proceeded to go 5-5 before Prosper took over the point. By the way, JJ started against Fairfield at the Pepsi, so he's 5-2 and Tommy is 5-4, but that's not the issue.

JJ started against Albany (281 College RPI, 310 Pomeroy), Fordham (247, 270), No. Iowa (249, 234), Toledo (146, 128), Canisius (199, 178) and St. Peter's (248, 246). That's an average of 228.

By contrast, Delaware (119, 174), Xavier (29, 22), Loyola Marymount (221, 218), Montana St. (195, 225), Providence (59, 58), Manhattan (82, 48) Iona (177, 166), Niagara (181, 179) and Canisius (199, 178) have an average RPI of 140 (College RPI) and 142 (Pomeroy), significantly better than that of the first six opponents. The relative records would appear to be much more related to the relative quality of the two sets of opponents rather than who started at PG.

Further, I have consistently heard, from people who know, that JJ has not competed on a day-by-day basis as expected by the coaching staff. His play and effort are responsible for his current lack of PT (although he did play 15 minutes last night). If you ask me, that's not getting the shaft.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.