VoyForums

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]45678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 18:19:59 02/01/03 Sat
Author: MASaintFan
Subject: I know I'm the eternal optimist, but...

...although this was a tough loss to stomach, I really don't feel it will change Siena's position at the end of the regular season. It was a longshot to get the #1 seed and I would be VERY surprised if Siena ended up out of the top 3 - Niagara and Iona have difficult schedules the rest of the way.

Anyway, here are my positives from a negative day:

- Unlike FF's comeback at the Pepsi, I felt like the Saints kept their composure for the most part today. There were only a few breakdowns (like the leakouts mentioned below). For the most part, the Saints executed well enough on offense to get good looks, but the ball just didn't drop for them, especially when Marist started hitting 3's in the 2nd half to get back into it.

- The team overall was still very aggressive. Jordan in particular was all over the court. Unfortunately, he couldn't buy a shot.

- For SS et al: Paul Williams played a good game today, except for the missed FT's (ouch all around for the team today). Paul fought for rebounds, blocked shots and went up strong for layups. He's slowly improving, with his additional playing time...

- To me, the game came down to Siena leaving too many Marist shooters open (as my brother said, "Even I knew who the good 3 point shooters were - why were they left wide open?"), leaving too many points on the FT line, and not getting the shots to fall.

That's it. Feel free to mock my optimism...I probably deserve it.

Time to move on and get back on track vs. Ryder.

Let's Go Saints!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.