VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]45678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 10:33:26 02/03/03 Mon
Author: GuyF
Subject: Just wanted to keep you on your toes. :-)
In reply to: Tony 's message, "Marist, Rider and other thoughts" on 07:22:54 02/03/03 Mon

Isn't it sacrelig to be in Florida during MAAC season? :-)

Now, to answer your comments:

1. Before Iona lost to Niagara yesterday, we were ahead of you in the standings, and even now, we're just a half game back. To suggest you're in the top tier while Iona and Niagara aren't is ludicrous. Rather, it's correct to say that you're in the second tier with us, Niagara, and perhaps Fairfield (curious to see how they respond). Manhattan's in their own tier right now.

2. Lanier said he didn't care about the standings, and even that post you indicated suggested the same thing. Great, Bob. Now I know why your team loses home games to teams like Marist.

3. The Niagara-Iona battle for 4th (if it indeed comes down to that) will go until the end, but it seems as if the Purps might have a tougher road. First off, they're in New Rochelle on Friday, and we should have Smith back, so expect some payback. That would mean the Purps would need to pick up a game on us. Next, the Purps still have to play Fairfield twice, at Siena and even at Canisius. Iona has only one tough road game left--at Manhattan--and still has to host the Jaspers and Siena. Still, an easier road, particularly when you're up one, as I expect Iona to be after Friday. Lastly, if the two teams ARE tied, the tiebreaker (since we'd have split the season series) would be the record vs the Jaspers--and I think Iona will beat Manhattan at Mulcahy.

4. I too would expect a good effort out of Siena tonight, but I took Rider to cover the spread anyway.

Enjoy your trip!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.