VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678[9]10 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 06:31:04 01/10/03 Fri
Author: Tony
Subject: Re: Furthermore
In reply to: rdjc 's message, "Re: Furthermore" on 04:04:44 01/10/03 Fri

I never said Beers would be a star at Siena, what I did say is I think itís a good thing heís playing prep this year. If he was at Siena this year I donít think he would be playing much. The year at prep is giving him a few things number 1 he can work on his game, play better defense and adjust playing against high-level competition. For the most part Mike is playing against future D1 guards every game. So what if Mike got ate up by Mike Nardi. Nardi is one of the best High School guards in the country and what a learning experience for Beers. Lets see how much he learned when they have the rematch next month.
When you recruit a team you donít recruit 13 superstars it doesnít work that way, you need role players, sometime players you recruited, as role players become stars, but more often than not they are the role players the coach envisioned. Beers was recruited as a zone buster. The kid can flat out shoot the rock. I would never label Beers a canít miss kid, all Iím saying is the year of prep should do him a world of good, if he is applying himself trying to get better. The distance from a class B upstate NY team and D1 basketball is very great indeed, by playing the year of prep at Blair hopefully Mike is adjusting to that level of competition game in and game out, the distance from a top flight Prep program to D1 BB is much shorter IMO Mike should be that much better for his Prep experience when he arrives at Loudonville next fall and thus the ready to play statement.

As for Joel Green I only have stats for him for 10 games in those 10 games heís averaging 11 points and 5 boards a game, which is pretty good considering he plays on a team with 6 or 7 future D1 players

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.