VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Fri February 28, 2020 06:15:45Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]4 ]
Subject: A personal problem with MP Wenge and his free education government handout

Author:
concerned!
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 13:37:26 01/20/00 Thu

Newspaper article-

Mr Wenge said the free education policy does not extend to tertiary institutions like colleges and universities.

"My critics will say that with free education, the parents are going to become lazy.

"My warning to parents is that children will continue to tertiary institutions and the fees in these institutions are very high.

"They must work hard now and save their money for the children's education later on," Mr Wenge said.

The announcement by the Morobe governor is certain to go down well with parents, many of whom were seen lining up outside the provincial government building to see Mr Wenge over their school fee problems.

--------------------------------------------------------

My problem with all this- no one listens to politicians words too much, even the politicians they tend to respect.

Wenge thinks by telling the parents not to become lazy with handouts, that the parents will listen and respond accordingly.

We know this is idiotic. The only thing that pressures parents not to become lazy are the everyday pressures of life. Having to save money for school fees is an everyday pressure. What MP Wenge tells them to do is a samting nating pressure.

I think we have another situation of a politician making a serious mistake in the area of national education. The parents will ignore Wenge, few students ever in up in colleges and universities even when the fees were low. So the parents definitely will not save money for later on school fees, they will just take advantage of the here and now free handout that Wenge is providing.

That's my opinion.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT+9
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.