VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Wednesday, November 30, 06:36:57amLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]
Subject: Re: Canisius transfers

Author:
Buffalo Super Fan
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Tuesday, April 19, 10:23:34pm
Author Host/IP: pool-72-88-113-254.bflony.east.verizon.net/72.88.113.254
In reply to: LoveNU1 's message, "Canisius transfers" on Tuesday, April 12, 09:20:58pm

Anyone see what Rick Pitino said about getting Iona Gaels to the Atlantic 10 Conference. Understand there is no future for the MAAC a single bid conference. Again I don’t see the MAAC existing as a Division I conference in 20 years the money is going to the power schools and conferences. Canisius and Niagara are either going to have to find the money, merge schools which isn’t a bad idea or last alternate get down graded like the Ivy League in FBS football to FCS or then 1-A to 1-AA which I think is a worse idea than merging schools.

As Canisius alum I wouldn’t mind Canisius and Niagara merging at least athletically if not both schools academically. It has been done in Catholic high schools before in the Buffalo city schools not all Buffalo high schools have football so you play for one that does I believe is what the city schools do in Buffalo. I think that is the money answer for a better conference and for both schools to be viable in the 2030’s. Have one good Atlantic 10 program instead of two bad MAAC basketball programs that few care about anymore Western New York. Rename the school just add gold to the purple uniforms and I am good as a Canisius alum.

Buffalo-Niagara University the Purple Hawks or whatever new nickname you want Purple Eagles fine and be done with it. I want winning basketball that matters in Western New York. UB Bulls need to leave the MAC park there FBS football as a FBS Independent like Connecticut Huskies and join the Big East Conference for UB basketball for them. St Bonaventure Bonnies are good where they are. Design cool uniforms for the new merged Canisius Niagara give Western New York something to be proud of on a national level. Again split the games between Buffalo Key Bank Center and Niagara Falls the WNY Big Three. Get better coverage television wise with Atlantic 10 Conference basketball. That is what I would do if Niagara University wants to close Canisius College completely I am good just fix this crap of the MAAC conference it is never ever going to work for neither schools the MAAC pool both schools resources forget about school pride. School pride of what 1,000 fans at games because the MAAC is run terrible from the top and few care about the MAAC the NYC Metro Bus League. The MAAC is invisible today on television after the Empire sports network folded and MSG dropped the MAAC coverage. So then WNY has UB in the Big East Conference and St Bonaventure in the A-10 along with a merged Canisius Niagara whatever you want to call the merged University joining St Bonaventure Bonnies in the A-10 conference. WNY then has three strong basketball schools in multiple bid conferences forget about school pride do what is right for the future of WNY basketball in my opinion. Go Griffs! Go Purple Eagles! Let’s Go Buffalo

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: Re: Canisius transfers

Author:
Maldez
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, April 20, 06:50:01am
Author Host/IP: cpe-24-59-42-147.twcny.res.rr.com/24.59.42.147

Great post.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> Subject: C'mon Tom !

Author:
NUSuperfan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, April 20, 10:17:27am
Author Host/IP: 71-214-4-212.orlf.qwest.net/71.214.4.212

Don't patronize Buffalo Super Fan. YOU know those ideas would never fly. NU and CC will never consolidate their schools: Vinny's AND Jesuits ???

Even if that happened, their combined assets would not be enough for the A-10 or Big East. Not only that, where would they play ? At the GC and KAC ? What would the schools name be ? The NiaCan University Purple Griffins ? The Canagara Golden Eagles ?

GIVE ME A BREAK !

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: C'mon Tom !

Author:
Maldez
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, April 20, 11:40:02am
Author Host/IP: cpe-24-59-42-147.twcny.res.rr.com/24.59.42.147

Soup, I never said I agreed with Buffalo Super Fan, only that it was a great post because he took the time to lay out his own personal vision of college sports in the Buffalo area. Would it happen? I'd say never, but I appreciate the effort.

[> [> Subject: Re: Canisius transfers

Author:
Love NU1
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, April 20, 09:58:22pm
Author Host/IP: cpe-74-77-78-113.buffalo.res.rr.com/74.77.78.113

I sort of like the MAAC. I’ve seen some exciting games at Gallagher. Talk about the Big East or Atlantic 10 simply is not realistic. I would like to see a consistent winning program. When Joe M was here there was little to complain about. Great memories. I have no allusions. We will never be Duke.

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.