VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: [1]23456789 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 13:52
Author: M - 24 May 2001
Subject: Q and A with Shibendu Lahiri

"My worship is of a very strange kind.

In this Ganga water is not required.

No special utensils are necessary.

Even flowers are redundant.

In this puja all gods have disappeared.

And emptiness has emerged with euphoria."

Lahiri Mahashay

Q: In some Kriya traditions when you are looking at Kutusta you see a white star with a blue circle around it and a golden halo, and you have to go through that to be realized. Could you please talk about that?

A: Gentle laughter....Please do not bother about all this. If you get caught up into all of this, you will contrive. It is only conforming and becoming. It is not a creative process, which is the real thing. It is only imitation, not an independent perception. So, forget everything, don't read others experiences, and don't think, "Oh, this is something, this must happen to me!". With your will, with the will power, if you continue these things are possible. The mind thinks it must give continuity to itself, so it is possible to create these as hallucanations. But why is it necessary to get into all the descriptions and experiences of others? Experiences may happen in your body in a different way, depending on your conditioned reflexes. The mind is the subtle body. The body and its upbringing, it inputs, in the reservoir of memory are so complicated that it goes on desiring so many kinds of experiences.

Is it possible to treat all experiences with absolute equanimity, without getting entangled in any manner, positive or negative?

If I am a Christian, certain things will be conforming to Christian conditioning and inputs. I will get enamored, "Oh, this is what I was told would happen.", "This is what the priest has said". The very fact that a particular experience is happening is enough proof that what you are experiencing is not real. Experience is possible only because of cognition, and cognition is possible only when there is an input from your mind, from your conditioning, from the reservoir- from which you made some emotional investment. It is this which is begetting experience, through cognition, through verbalization, through conceptualization.

more later...

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.