VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: [1]23456789 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 14:00
Author: Mike - 30 May 2001
Subject: Re: Q and A with Shibendu Lahiri
In reply to: ketch - 30 May 2001 's message, "Re: Q and A with Shibendu Lahiri" on 13:59

Shibendu thinks very highly of Krishnamurti and use to meet with him and listen to his talks. As a matter of fact last year during the same time frame of this Q and A session that seems to be causing so much trouble with some folks, he told us of his first meeting with him, and how impressed he was! There is no doubt an influence there, though I fail to see it as something mean or wrong. I have known times when Shibenduji has actually recommended Krishnamurti' books, "Commentaries on Living", I think - but do not remember the particular volumes, to people who are asking about information on spirtuality. Actually if one would notice, Shibenduji seldom talks about Kriya practice in any manner in his talks. He feels it is a personal matter and should be kept private, as did Lahiri Mahasaya and other teachers. Most of what we have seen from the Lahiri Mahasaya quotes were taken either from private letters or his own private diaries, and not from public talks. Describing spiritual experiences without end on the net or any public forum is not desired and actually forbidden by most teachers. People talk about having a broad outlook and finding the truth in all things as part of the ideal, well Shibenduji has actually done it.

Maybe I will post some more of the Q and A session tomorrow.

Mike

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.