VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 08:07
Author: Rishikesh - 26 Aug 2002
Subject: Re: Swami Satyananda Giri
In reply to: Hendrik - 25 Aug 2002 's message, "Re: Swami Satyananda Giri" on 08:05

Dear Hendrik,

Swami Kriyananda seems to have described things the way he perceived them, he mentions,

“… Speaking to me as the Master’s disciple, Satyananda told me stories that were supportive of Yogananda’s mission”.

Maybe he feels that Satyananda might have spoken kind words about Yogananda since Kriyananda was his disciple, but isn’t it possible that he might have genuinely meant it?

Also I wonder, what crime did Satyananda commit, to be described as an “Enemy”. If setting up a organization like Sevayatan was an act of treachery, then Kriyananda could be described as a bigger “Enemy”. Swami Satyananda was a brother disciple of the Paramahansa and setting up his own ashram was the most natural thing to do.

There does seem to have been some falling out between Paramahansa Yogananda and Swami Satyananda , but what exactly transpired between them is lost to all eternity. I think a difference of opinion between brother disciples is not something to be blown out of proportions as a feud. We have the privilege of having Dr. Nerode here with us and maybe he would be kind enough to throw some light on this matter.

I went through “Mejda” and the last mention about Swami Satyananda is the controversy regarding the Ranchi school in ’35-’36. He seems to have readily agreed to dilute some trust he had formed and turn over things back to Yogananda. It is interesting to note, that when Paramahansaji was coming back to US, he nominated Swami Satyananda as his successor as a “Sadhu Sabhapati” – a post that he held till his passing in ’71.It is, indeed, a mystery how Yogananda would appoint him as a successor if they were sworn enemies?

In my personal opinion, Swami Kriyananda might have based his judgment on pure hearsay.

Many of the facts that I have presented above appear to be in conflict with one another. I am weighing the pros and cons of this particular episode in Kriya history and maybe others can provide a more accurate view of things.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.