VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 13:11
Author: Anonymous - 25 Aug 2002
Subject: Re: New Version - Biography of a Yogi
In reply to: Anon - 25 Aug 2002 's message, "Re: New Version - Biography of a Yogi" on 08:10

Here you have just a couple of examples of the partial, twisted, colorful translations by the "lawyer swami".....

"One day he [Lahiri Mahasaya] was heard to say that after forty years this Kriya would spread throughout the world. Perhaps for this reason whem Yogananda's parents who were his disciples brought their baby (Mukunda Ghosh, later Yogananda) to his attention, looking at the providence of the baby he said that 'this bay will be an egine.'
Sriyukteswar's involvement in Sadhu Sova (Assembly of Sages) and the foundation of Sat Sanga Sova also increased publicity of Kriya.
Swami Yogananda Giri Maharaj has spread the information of Kriya in the West. Many branch centers of Asrams in many places have been established.
As we see, all these are undoubtedly the means of publicity for Kriya information." -- Sri Sri Shyama Charan Lahiri Mahasay, by Swami Satyananda, translated by Swami Satyeswarananda in his book Biography of a Yogi, Volume 1, second edition, page 531.

Now, the same passage translated by Yoganiketan:

"Supposedly, one day Lahiri Mahasaya said that 40 years later this easy path of sadhana, be-neficent to all mankind, will spread and be instructed worldwide. And perhaps this is why He held in His own lap a child (Yogananda Paramhansaji) of His dear disciple couple, blessed him, empowered him and prophesied, 'This child will be an engine.'
"After receiving direction and guidance from the founder of Sadhu Sabha and Adi Satsanga Sabha, the Highest Acharya Swami Sriyukteswar Giri Maharaj, whose primary disciple – the founder of Yogoda Satsanga and the Sri Sri Shyamacharan Mission – Paramhansa Srimat Swami Yogananda Giri Maharaj’s resounding message, giving initiation to thousands of men and women in the East and West, providing them with an opportunity to experience Soul, establishing ashrams and spiritual centers in many places and other world-conquering accomplishments surely attest to the infallible and peremptory blessings of Sri Sri Shyama Charan Lahiri Mahasaya." -- Sri Sri Shyama Charan Lahiri Mahasaya, by Swami Satyananda Giri, English translation by Amitava Chatterjee, Copyright © 2000 by Sevayatan and Yoga Niketan

Another example--------

The "lawyer swami":

"During the publication of this book, in gratitude I remembered the name of Paramhansa Yogananda from whom thirty-six years ago [in 1906] I first came to know about this divine Yogi. Because of my friendship [with Yogananda], I came to know other of his [Lahiri Mahasay's] associates and was blessed by them. He [Paramhansa Yogananda] was my best friend in boyhood, and the one whom I have accepted as my organizational leader and from whom I am eargerly waiting to know in detail about Lahiri Mahasay in the form of a comprehensive biography." -- Sri Sri Shyama Charan Lahiri Mahasay, by Swami Satyananda, translated by Swami Satyeswarananda in the book Biography of a Yogi, Volume 1, second edition, page 495.

Yoganiketan version:

"The one who first told me about the Priceless Divine Being nearly 36 years ago, the one by whose kindness I was able to receive the blessings of the Lord’s great saint-disciples, the one who was my friend in my boyhood and remained my lifelong friend – a companion on the chariot of life, the one from whom I eagerly await even more extensive literature about the Yogavatar filled with the mysteries of sadhana – to begin this book, I first gratefully acknowledge and bow down with the greatest humility and reverence to Guru Swami Srimat Yogananda Paramhansaji." -- Sri Sri Shyama Charan Lahiri Mahasaya, by Swami Satyananda Giri, English translation by Amitava Chatterjee, Copyright © 2000 by Sevayatan and Yoga Niketan

Do you see the deep reverence of Satyanandaji's toward Yoganandaji, and how his devotional, loving testemony was edited and "airbrushed" by the lawyer swami in order to keep his own agenda?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.