VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]56789 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 06:52
Author: BILL - 9 Aug 2002
Subject: Re: SRF ANANDA controversy
In reply to: Arturo - 8 Aug 2002 's message, "SRF ANANDA controversy" on 06:51

Arturo,

Isn't "Shankara" Sharanam a former SRF monastic, who since leaving the organization (as a monastic) has put up a website that purports to teach pranayama? I've seen his site and while I admire his policy of freely giving the information away to interested persons I was put off by the prominence given to his personality, that is, what made him an expert?

Now maybe he is, having spent those year(s) in the ashram, but the only pranayam that's taught there is kriya, as it is also taught to all members of SRF. Perhaps he's become an expert on all these other pranayam techniques in the intervening years.

That said, his opinion on this "matter" of SRF versus Ananda (by the way SRF in their public letters regarding Ananda claim that they have nothing against Ananda), is important I suppose giving him the deference as someone who is a former monastic. But in the end his opinion isn't any different, pro or con, than any others that have been expressed ad nauseum on the internet over the last few years by interested persons.

At least that's my opinion.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.