VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234[5]6789 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 07:00
Author: ketch - 28 April 2002
Subject: Re: Addendum/Correction
In reply to: Eponymous-27Apr02 's message, "Addendum/Correction" on 06:58

For my part, if I were head of an organization that implemented an anti-miscegenation policy in the '30s, I would make sure that my website had a full accounting of the attendant times and circumstances, and that it contained a full and unqualified expression of culpability and regret. After all, that would be the "enlightened" thing to do, wouldn't it?

No, it would be a rather pointless thing to do. Nevertheless I look forward to seeing the website where you make a public admission and statement about anything you may regret doing in the past.

We are talking about one fairly minor incident which happened over 60 years ago. I can see no reason why SRF should comment upon it publicly now. It SRF were to make a statement about this then they would be expected to comment upon virtually every other incident in the organisation's history.

If they were to produce a book on the history of SRF, then this incident probably should be mentioned, along with an explanation. However I can see no reason to exaggerate the importance of this incident by making a statement about it now.

You seem to be saying that SRF should make a public statement, completely out of the blue, concerning one minor incident in its history. Why?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.