VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345[6]789 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 08:15
Author: Geoffrey Falk - 9 Dec 2001
Subject: HV/The Science of the Soul

I spent nine months as a resident volunteer at Hidden Valley--long enough that, two and a half years later, I still haven't recovered from the psychological abuse to which I was subjected there.

An analysis of the poor behaviors which I observed at HV forms part (Chapter XIV, pages 640-748) of my (unpublished) book, "The Science of the Soul: On Consciousness and the Structure of Reality." It can be downloaded for free, in MS Word format, from www.angelfire.com/trek/geoffreyfalk/books/scienceofsoul.html, if anyone's interested. A shorter version listing only the "dirty secrets" I witnessed at HV, without the full analysis, is at www.angelfire.com/trek/geoffreyfalk/about/hVHorrors.html

The remainder of the book is in the "physics and consciousness" genre, but addressing the real meaning of "As above, so below" in a non-reductionistic way: that the macrocosm of the universe is mirrored in the microcosm of the human body, and that the archetypal patterns of structure on the causal and astral levels of reality have their lower reflections on the physical level of being. That separates it drastically from the many "classic" books in the same field, by authors such as Goswami, Capra, Zukav, etc., and allows physical science to be squared with yoga in meaningful ways, beyond vague and unconvincing "correspondences."

The Science of the Soul

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.