VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345[6]789 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 08:50
Author: ketch
Subject: Re: Kriya Yoga in Cananda
In reply to: Anonymous - 13 Mar 2002 's message, "Re: Kriya Yoga in Cananda" on 08:48

The imagining of the sandal of Babaji on the head and the flowing waters was described to me by a South African lady who had practiced "Babaji kriya yoga" for many years, and had spent a great deal of money traveling back and forth to Canada before coming to the conclusion that Govindan's organisation was not genuine. I have since had this confirmed to me by two independent people who had been followers of Govindan. Whether this is what Govindan teaches or not however is largely irrelevant. The point is that this is not the Kriya Yoga of Lahiri Mahasaya or a derivative. In your own words: "The system is completely different: different techniques, different approach."

Well, I can only be sure as long as I receive the techniques and experience by myself its good or bad results. Something that you haven't done. So I can speak better than you with knowledge of cause. Of course, I can be wrong, the same as you, but at least I speak about experiences, not about opinions based on misinformation (like your previous ignorance about the techniques).

What is your point? I have not made any comment on the effectiveness or otherwise of the techniques taught by Govindan. Does your practice of these techniques somehow enable you to say with authority that this yoga comes from Babaji?

"but at least I speak about experiences"

No, actually you haven't spoken about any experiences.

If you look at what I wrote in the posts above you will see that all I said was that Govindan teaches a different system to that written about by Yogananda and others in Lahiri Mahasaya's spiritual lineage. You have agreed that this is correct. I also said that in my opinion, and probably the opinion of most people here, Govindan's system has no connection with Babaji. You apparently disagree with this opinion, which is fine, but is only your (probably small minority) opinion.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.