VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345[6]789 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 08:53
Author: Mike Carris - 14 Mar 02
Subject: Re: Canada
In reply to: ketch 's message, "Re: Canada" on 08:52

Well I read Govindas book of the history of Babaji and such. I was to me an utter fabrication of someones imagination. I felt cheated out of my money buying it. Just my opinion though.

I also think the story of Lahiri Mahasayas as found in the Autobiography is more myth than history.

The differences in the reports of Kriyas from Govinda are probably the result of them being either updated, or some being the higher(different) Kriyas he teaches. There is some visualization in all of the Kriyas I know of, not of the "shoes on the head" variety though.

Myths surround all of the teaches it seems. One modern Sant Mat teacher, it is claimed had a gestation period of 18 months in his mothers womb. I guess this gave his birth miracle status.

Thank God there are men that are looking at yoga and spirituality in a rational, scientific manner these days. Anyone strong enough to look past the myth and romance of yoga and still see the value of it is great in my opinion.

Honest modern students will separate the fact from the fiction, and truth from the superstitions of religious belief.

Kriya is about what happens in ones body and is not about keeping up with the spiritual status quo, as in, you must have this or that experience to be "in" with the Kriya Crowd.

Get rid of the myth and start at zero.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.