VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456[7]89 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 15:13
Author: Anonymous - 22 Oct 2001
Subject: Re: Walter's Real Motivation
In reply to: Anonymous - 22 Oct 2001 's message, "Re: Walter's Real Motivation" on 15:12

Paramahansa Yogananda:

"...Among these emancipated ones are the great gurus or spiritual preceptors appointed by the Lord to help mankind in silent, secret ways. They do not require any agent or 'medium' to reach the truth seeker who wants and needs their aid; they assist their disciples directly. Whether or not the devotee is conscious of such help does not matter; he will understand that he is receiving divine succor according to the way he himself changes inwardly and outwardly for the better..."

SRF magazine, April/June, 1966, pg. 17, the "Spiritual Interpretation of the Bhagavad Gita," Chapter 17, Stanza 4 and "God talks with Arjuna; the Bhagavad Gita, translation by Paramahansa Yogananda, pg. 990.

"SRF has it's guru. And one has only to tune in with him deeply to find all the guidance he needs. It is inwardly, rather than outwardly, that the guru guides one safely through the endless dangers and deceptions of delusion."

Paramahansa Yogananda, quoted in Self-Realization Magazine, Summer, 1985, pg. 3

" Deeply meditating disciples should concentrate on their guru, or meditate with him if possible. Those who are spiritually advanced do in fact meditate with the guru by visualizing him in the spiritual eye and tuning in with him, whether or not they are in his physical presence. During meditation the spiritual vibration of a great master silently works on lesser yogis who may be meditating with him or who are in tune with him, regardless of distance. It is sufficient for a disciple to think strongly of his guru before meditation. He will then find his meditation on God to be reinforced by the Lord's power flowing though the direct tangible channel of the guru."

SRF magazine, January, 1954, pg. 21, the "Spiritual Interpretation of the Bhagavad Gita," and"God talks with Arjuna; the Bhagavad Gita, translation by Paramahansa Yogananda, pg.603.

"A disciple residing far away from the guru can practice a spiritual form of communion. The guru, being one with God, is present everywhere including the wisdom center ( the point between the eyebrows) of all men. At the end of meditation each night the disciple should concentrate at the point between the eyebrows and visualize the image of his guru. Thinking of him with love and devotion, the disciple should ask the questions he wants answered. If visualization and concentration are deep, the disciple will invariably receive silent answers to his questions in the form of new inner perceptions."

SRF magazine, January, 1951, pg. 38. From the "Spiritual interpretation of the Bhagavad Gita", Chapter 4, Stanza 34.

"Even though you and the guru may be thousands of miles apart, his help will reach out to you. I feel Master with me all the time, even though he is no longer incarnate on this earth plane. To have the guidance and grace of guru with you-that is the easiest way to way to move along on the spiritual path."

Paramahansa Yogananda, quoted in Self-Realization Magazine, Spring, 1990, pg. 3.

"When you are in tune with your guru, the visible representative of God, He will come to you in that form while you are meditating. Then you will know that God is real and that He works through the guru."

Paramahansa Yogananda, Thursday evening service, SRF Headquarters, December 21, 1939, quoted in SRF magazine, Summer, 1976.

"Even if you cannot be in his physical presence, or even if he is no longer incarnate on earth, you must follow the teaching of such a teacher if you would find God. Just any teacher will not do."

Paramahansa Yogananda, "The Divine Romance," pg. 406.

"To keep company with the Guru is not only to be in his physical presence (as this is sometimes impossible), but mainly means to keep him in our hearts and to be one with him in principle and attune ourselves with him."

Swami Sri Yukteswar, The Holy Science, pg. 37.

"Those who have come to Self-Realization truly seeking inward spiritual help shall receive what they seek from God. Whether they come while I am in the body, or afterward, the power of God through the link of the SRF Gurus shall flow into the devotee just the same, and shall be the cause of their salvation."

Paramahansa Yogananda, quoted in a letter from Self-Realization Fellowship to students, August, 1994.

"God has sent you to me, and I shall never fail you...Even when I am gone my help will always be given to devotees all over the world, if they keep in tune. Never think for a moment that when I am physically absent from you all, I am not otherwise with you. I shall be just deeply concerned for your spiritual welfare when I am no longer in the body as I am now. I shall always be watching over each one of you, and whenever a true devotee thinks of me in the silent depths of his soul, he will know that I am near."

Paramahansa Yogananda, quoted in the SRF calender, August, 1993.

"My message for the world has already been expounded in my speeches, classes and writings. Do not be misled by persons who, after my physical departure from the earth, will assert that they are receiving new teachings from me. To sincere seekers who in prayer request my help, I will always give it gladly and silently"

SRF magazine, April/June 1966, pg. 18, the "Spiritual Interpretation of the Bhagavad Gita," and"God talks with Arjuna;" the Bhagavad Gita, translation by Paramahansa Yogananda, pg.991.

"...When a master is no longer encumbered by incarnate constraints, his transforming succor continues just the same, but he does not demean himself and his spiritual effectiveness by seeking gross expression again through 'mediums.' Having given his divine message and testimony while on earth, he doesn't have any 'afterthoughts' requiring revelation by psychics and spiritualists. But when a devotee by self-effort uplifts his consciousness in meditation to the pure realms of the saints and angels, he himself will perceive through divine sight or wondrous intuitions the presence and guidance of the holy one who are his spiritual benefactors, and the loving God who empowers them to dispense His grace."

"God talks with Arjuna; the Bhagavad Gita, translation by Paramahansa Yogananda, pg.992.

"My body will pass but my work shall go on. And my spirit shall on. Even when I am taken away I shall work with you all for the deliverance of the world with the message of God.... Follow the truth that God has sent through Self-Realization Fellowship and you shall be forever blessed. God is ever calling you through the flute of my heart."

Paramahansa Yogananda, quoted in the SRF Centennial calender, 1993.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.