VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456[7]89 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 19:47
Author: ketch - 29Nov01
Subject: Re: Or....
In reply to: Anonymous-29Nov01 's message, "Re: Or...." on 19:44

Are you saying that everyone claiming to represent the teachings of Jesus Christ has his blessing? Does this extend to e.g. Charles Manson, David Koresh, the Ku Klux Klan etc.

In the case of Jesus Christ it may be that he did not intend to start his own church, but saw himself as a reformer within the Jewish faith. It must be doubtful that any of the modern churches are actually teaching in the way Christ intended. Yogananda on the other hand did start his own organisation, and trained disciples in how to run that organisation. Yogananda left extensive writings expounding his teachings so that we do not have to rely on interpretations made long after his death as we do in the case of Jesus Christ.

Leaving Ananda aside for the moment, you mentioned CSA and Solar Logos. In Paulsen's case he has grossly distorted Yogananda's Kriya Yoga teachings and now sells those teachings in a video to anyone who will send him a few dollars. This is very clearly contrary to Yogananda's teachings on the giving of Kriya Yoga. Do you believe that Yogananda would approve of this behaviour? R.E.Davies has also published explicit details of Kriya techniques in at least one book aimed at the general public. Yogananda clearly stated in his autobiography that this was not permitted. I had heard so many good things about Mr Davies that I was shocked when I first read one of his books. I now believe that Davies has nothing but contempt for the wishes of his guru.

If I start my own organisation claiming that I have inner assurances from the Paramahansa that he approves of it will that organisation be a genuine channel for his teachings? How about Brahman-Atmananda or "Rev" Ted Self? By what criteria shall we decide if an organisation or teacher of Kriya Yoga claiming to represent Yogananda is genuine?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.