VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]9 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 12:52
Author: Brian - 23 Sep 2001
Subject: "Who is the True Guru"

The Last Supper

THE GURU PART 1:
http://www.gurbani.org/webart64.htm

WHO IS THE TRUE GURU IN SIKHI?

O my soul.......Let contentment be your father; and the Primal Being, who is beyond birth, be the Guru (sggs 172-173).

My True Guru is eternal; beyond birth and death. He is the Imperishable Creator Lord; He is permeating and pervading among all (sggs 759).

The Guru is the Omnipresent Lord, the Guru is the Merciful Master; the Guru is the True Creator. The Guru Himself is the Transcendent Lord and the Supreme Master (sggs 387).

From the very beginning to end, God is the only incarnation. It should be known to all that such God is our Guru (Paatshaahee 10).

Select Writings
Anand by Guru Amar Das
http://www.sikhs.org/transl7.htm

There is only One God. He is obtained by the Grace of the True Guru.

O My Mother God, I have obtained True Bliss, because I have found the True Guru.

I have met the True Guru easily and have obtained peace of mind. The Divine music conveying congratulations has appeared in my heart.

Most valuable Divine Rags (Measures) and their consorts and family members (branches of various Measures), playing heavenly music and female singers of heaven are singing Spiritual Hymns within me.

They, within whom God resides, sing The Divine Hymns of His praises.

Nanak proclaims that I have obtained Spiritual Bliss, as I have met the True Guru. (1)

O my soul, remain ever attached with God.

O my soul, abide with God, the Destroyer of all pains.

God will accept you and will manage all your affairs.

God is Omnipotent in all respects; do not forget Him.

Nanak says: O my mind, remain permanently absorbed in God. (2)

Gurbani Articles
http://www.gurbani.org/webart34.htm

WHAT IS THE BEST RELIGION?
Spread your prayer mat by conquering your five desires, and you will recognize the true religion (sggs 480).

The Shabad or Naam is the Insignia of the One True Lord. Through the Perfect Guru, the All-Knowing Lord is known.
If someone grasp this thing, there is only one Religion of Truth (sggs 1188

The underlying function or the ultimate objective of any genuine religion is killing of the false ego, that is, attainment of Self-realization. In other words, the purpose of religion is to know the Supreme Truth and man's relationship with Him.

Therefore, a true religion is that which teaches living entities as to what actions will bring them emancipation from material bondage (suffering), and total perfection.

Thus, a religion is not a declaration of such noble objectives, it is an action to fulfill these objectives. In other words, religion is meant to be practical, not theoretical; for it's good to speak wisely, but the best of all is to act wisely (practice). Any religion devoid of this central intention can not be called a religion. It may be called a mundane business, but it certainly can not be called an Eternal Dharma.

Buddha Net "Free" E books

Animal Magnetism Francis Story.

Subtitled: The Attraction of Spiritual Leaders by Francis Story. This booklet is a good reminder to us, so that we always strive in the right direction. Practice is the only way. Even though faith and devotion to one's teacher can be a positive thing, we must always remember that "an excessive faith is accompanied by corresponding deficiency of wisdom".

Snow in the Summer Ven. Sayadaw U Jotika.

This book is a compilation of extracts from letters written by Sayadaw U Jotika, a Burmese Buddhist monk, to his Western students ten to fifteen years ago. These letters have been collated under the topics indicated by these chapter headings: Mind, Mindfulness and Meditation; Solitude; Parental Love and Guidance; Life, Living and Death; Learning and Teaching; Value and Philosophy; Friendship, Relationships and Loving-kindness.

buddha net e books

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.