VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]9 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 13:42
Author: Bill - 8 July 2001
Subject: Re: Calling the Org into Question
In reply to: Thomas mark - 6 July 2001 's message, "Calling the Org into Question" on 13:37

Hello Thomas,

I glad that you have the courage to bring these issues up for discussion. This board allows "controversial" subjects which is a great credit to the administrator, in my opinion. So many other sites don't allow anything that is interpreted to be negative toward the organization or the president. But the trouble with that is it soon can become sickeningly sweet.

So that said, I am also a 30+ member of SRF. And I too became aware of the differing views on the web last year. I went through many of the same changes you've expressed. And underneath it all, I was/am angry. They've changed so much that whenever anyone quotes Master supporting or extolling Faye or Laurie (Daya and Tara), I simply don't believe it. I believe that SRF, the organization made up those quotes, you know, the "nest egg" story, and "don't get my Laurie mad," that're used to justify the expenditure of enormous sums of devotee's donations in a 12 year "jihad" against "that kook Kriyananda" as you've rather indelicately put it. By the way I'm not a member of Ananda and am still a SRF member, but I just think it wrong for SRF to use its/ours resources to try to hound this minor movement out of existence, (which was one of Master's main threads in his teachings--that is, World Brotherhood Colonies, but again, SRF even changed the Aims and Ideals to delete Master's stated dream of WBC's, in order not to have Kriyananda appear to be just following Master's stated directions.)

The photos, the spelling name change also known as forgery, the adulation paid to Daya, it all makes me angry. Yoganandaji is my guru, not the president and all the talk of Ma this, and Ma that, frankly I don't appreciate.

There isn't any "blueprint" in the ether. He didn't teach his disciples by holding their hands and steering them through their service, no he taught them to tune into him in meditation and receive their guidance direct. In other words, it goes against everything that he taught, namely one should develop one's own God-given will and attune to Him for guidance. He came to free us, not make us slaves. He didn't make any statement about a "realized being" to be always at the head of his organization; or I should say I've never seen any handwritten proof of the above, which makes my radar go up after what I've discovered the organization doing to his teachings in the last year.

I find it interesting that Daya, Ananda, Mrinilini and Tara were all Mormons before joining the ashram. Nothing, per se wrong with that; Mormons are good people who respect religious plurality in a country where many don't. But the Mormon church is structured so that the president and the rest of the board or elders have absolute power to make and set policy; even change the teachings to suit earthly needs, for example, the change from polgomy (sp), and the revelation that the elder's received changing the restriction against blacks becoming ministers in the churches.

So the above mentioned SRF leaders seem very comfortable with both the concept of absolute power and the need to change the teachings to suit temporal needs. But we know that Master wasn't like this. He didn't care what others thought right or wrong, he adhered fearlessy to Divine Truth as he perceived it. Otherwise, he would've cut his hair, not demanded the practice of meditation etc. to please the westerners and make the teachings more "palatable".

I'm rambling a bit here. Sorry. I just want to say I don't support this mauseluem (sp) and the added $40 million construction. I don't support the continued legal harassment of Ananda, using our tithes to hire $400-500 an hour attorneys to fight a losing battle for control of Master and his teaching. Did you know that SRF now claims PY was an employee in their legal briefs. That he worked at the direction of the Directors, and that they told him to write the AY as well as everything else after 1935. Absurd? Sure, but when you're losing a legal war and you get in bed with those who think nothing of using people's hard-earned tithes to crush an "apostate" church you've deemed "evil" anything is justified.

Master is quoted in a letter to Rajasi published in Durgaji's book, "October 8, 1951--I pictured myself, and God forbid yourself away from this earth, and watching what SRF Board would be doing and how it would be carrying on the work of SRF...." So, less than six months before his leaving he was already aware of changes in the organization following his mahasamadhi; at least that's my reading of his comments.

But like Frank said, we are devotees of Sri Yoganandaji. Just like Daya and all the other monastics. And if we keep our minds on that truth we can go forward. For isn't it a spiritual Truth that to become attached to anything material, no matter it's sancity (or not), is to become stuck. And isn't it another Truth that in this world everything will change, including organizations.

So, I believe, we are called to hold to the spiritual link we've formed with our guruji, which if I understand it correctly, is eternal and will ultimately lead to Liberation.

I've met both Daya Mata and Durga Mata. Even had a hour interview with Durgaji. I still thank God for that. I met Daya Ma in a receiving line at Mt. Washington at a Xmas party. She impressed me with tremendous spiritual power which I felt as I took my turn to be personally greeted. She is a tremendous being, in my opinion. And that makes these things so much sadder. I don't really know what to do. If I write SRF a letter detailing these concerns will I be excommunicated? And if so, what will that mean? I really don't have much contact with them now.

Anyway I want to again thank you, Thomas for posting your concerns. It helps, I think, to discuss these very relevant issues frankly.

Namaste,
Bill

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.