VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]9 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 13:46
Author: Thomas Mark - 7 Jul 2001
Subject: Re: Calling the Org into Question
In reply to: Johnny B - 7 Jul 2001 's message, "Re: Calling the Org into Question" on 13:45

This is in answer to Johnny B's question: "...can I ask you how others are reacting to all this stuff? "

Well, I'm real quiet and don't talk to others much around the SRF temples. I haven't discussed things like this. I certaintly feel grave trepidation about making any agitations that could hurt Master's interests. But on the other hand, when I look inside myself I honestly feel that something is wrong about the organization. The factual evidence mentioned in my earlier post also makes that same point.

It can be hard to talk to others about anything controversial re:SRF, like the monks that are supposed to "look neither right or left," and guard themselves against getting "sidetracked" by questioning like this. I think they'd probably equate such questioning with bad disloyalty. It's like Bro. Baktinanda telling his old "devil be out of you!" story for the millionth time and that's supposed to put a final end to the matter...the devil in that story being any such doubts, which a more perfectly loyal devotee wouldn't entertain. Then they say loyalty is the highest law, so I feel even more worse for having such doubts. But then you see what they've done with editing Master's writings, falsifying photographs, etc. and it's natural prudence to question that.

I guess that after all, the administration of the SRF organization is not a democracy. The people running it are supposedly enlightened siddhas, which makes it even more confusing, because how dare lay devotees question, or worse, challenge, what they have done? But then how can we swallow what's being done (radical editing, photo alteration, and the rest of it?) It really puts a person into a state of confusion.

Do other devotees feel this way???

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.