VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]9 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 13:47
Author: Thomas Mark - 7 Jul 2001
Subject: Re: Calling the Org into Question
In reply to: Frank - 7 Jul 2001 's message, "Re: Calling the Org into Question" on 13:46

Frank
I agree with your remark that “At times ‘loyalty’ seem to be used as a weapon”. It certaintly can be a weapon to squelch questioning. The ministers say it’s important to be loyal to the SRF organization, on faith that our president and board of directors are realized (enlightened) and are doing what Master intended, and that their current acts are guided by Master’s real-time living influence.

Then the SRF organization does dishonest acts like reinventing some of its own history, severely editing Master’s writings, falsifying photographs, suppressing factual information, etc. It has actually done those things, they're not just points of view. When such acts come to light, a reasonable person should question them & not just ignore it. My Master could not expect us to lovingly and devotedly support such blatantly dishonest manipulations. By the morality I've learned from his teachings, those acts are definitely wrong... there's no shade of grey about it.

It injures one's faith that the SRF organization’s leaders are truly attuned to Master’s guidance. And if not, then are they making the best decisions they can, on their own, as they go along? In business we call that “seat of the pants” or “bumbling”. When the SRF organization acts in these ways, it can alarm and put-off people who have been or would otherwise be loyal (i.e., like me).

These acts by the SRF's administration must have contributed to some of the unfortunate splintering away of so many renegade groups.

The comment you made is very helpful to me that “I believe that SRF is the means, not the end. Our loyalty is to God.” (& guru). Thank you! Your good comment helps nudge me toward a better attitude.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.