VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]9 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 23:31
Author: Bill - 13 Jul 2001
Subject: Re: all this makes it difficult for me as a beginner on the path of PY
In reply to: Luc - 12 Jul 2001 's message, "all this makes it difficult for me as a beginner on the path of PY" on 23:30

Luc,

You've written very well. Please don't become discouraged about the sancity or holiness of Parmahansa Yogananda. He is a true saint, someone that can inspire and lead one to greater spiritual effort and growth. He is known to us, those who've come after his death, only through his writings as opposed to those devotees who were blessed to have known him during his earthly incarnation.

But we can contact him in meditation through the practice of the spiritual techniques which comprise his sadhana. And the highest of these techniques is kriya yoga, which is his particular contribution to the spirituality of the western man, and the whole world, really.

Anyone, at anytime can contact PY, or the Divine through love, all the saints say so. If we can love God enough there won't be any more questions about the organization or anything. Kriya helps the yogi to accelerate this process, bringing the mind within to the spinal centers, freeing up the buried love in the heart.

And as all saints down through the ages have testified, God can be known through Love. And if we can love enough we can attract the attention of God, and His realized saints; such as PY and the rest of the Kriya guruji's. And when we have that connection we can have all of our questions answered. That is the teaching of PY and all saints. He becomes the nearest of the near and the dearest of the dear, so PY was fond of saying.

PY is a God-realized saint, there is no doubt about this. He started SRF to disseminate his teachings. And there are many wonderful spiritual renunciates that maintain that organization as service to God and PY. As far as SRF being a business, I guess that's how you define "business." Master, himself, greatly admired businessmen, in fact his closest disciple, J.J. Lynn, called St. Lynn by PY because of his spiritual attainment was a millionaire with many business that he'd started and ran. But SRF does advertise, which I don't find wrong as they have tasteful ad's that only tell people to contact SRF or read the Autobiography of a Yogi. I guess it's how one looks at it.

Good luck, and best wishes,
Bill

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.