VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]9 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 08:18
Author: ketch - 15 Aug 2001
Subject: Re: Eponyms and motivations
In reply to: Hendrik - 12 Aug 2001 's message, "Re: Eponyms and motivations" on 08:17

I have often wondered why Kriya works for some so marvelously while for others it has not the least result even after many years of practice. When you ask people about this disproportion, you will most likely be told the bearded old story that those who succeed in their endeavours have most likely meditated and accumulated spiritual karma in their earlier incarnations.

Another explanation is simply that the people getting no results simply do not practice enough. I find it hard to believe that many people would continue to practice for (say) two hours every day for twenty years or more unless they were getting results. If they had seen the examples of some great kriyabans for themselves they may have a motive and a reason to continue to believe in kriya, but I suspect that most people would give up long before.

I would like to know how much people really practice, though there would probably be little point in holding any sort of survey unless it was clearly anonymous. My own view is that if people practice correctly then results will come eventually, and for most people this will have to mean much sooner than 20 years.

even Kriyabans of a certain intellectual attainment and insight like Waqidi Falicoff seem to feel not a home here and chose to leave.

It looks as if you were a little premature with this statement!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.